Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's a Girl! Probably.


I of course couldn't wait until October to be surprised.

My impatience may be surprising to some because I have no gift anticipation at Christmas or my birthday.

But babies are different. It is my child, who will be forever in my life, not a puppy under the Christmas tree and I want to know everything about my baby as soon as the information is available.

So two weeks after my ultrasound with Jaded Tech #2 I followed the advice of my boyfriend's boss, who is also expecting, and headed off to AIM Medical Imaging in my city (Vancouver) to try again.

This time the tech was perfect. She was kind and laid back. She spent half an hour with us, about twenty minutes of which was spent on the hunt for the family jewels. She was excited for us (or at least faked it) and I left with a bunch of cute photos. I guess when you're paying (tests not ordered by your medical caretaker are not covered in Canada) you are treated more like a client and less like a cliche.

Finally the tech was able to say that she was 95 per cent sure that my little he/she is a SHE! I couldn't be happier. There are no guarantees but she assured me that if a boy pops out and I have all the wrong clothes I can send her the bill. Any chance she is serious?

For $50 I am 95 per cent sure my baby is a girl. Money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment