Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Baby Shower.


Because many of my girlfriends live far away, work different schedules or have children of their own I knew it would be too complicated to get everyone together for the shower. So I decided to have just a family-only baby shower and have individual visits with my friends and families I've worked for when they were in town or available. So this weekend was my baby shower with my family which I was really looking forward to.

My mom hosted the party and did a beautiful job of decorating the house and preparing goodies for the party. So here are a few shots of how everything looked.


The entry at the top of the stairs. I was banned from the house for days leading up to the party.


The colour scheme was pink and black with little Halloween touches thrown in for fun because the baby is due just before my favorite holiday.





Here is some grapefruit and raspberry punch and pink flamingo tooth picks. Most of the food was finger food and it was all great. So good I forgot to take photos. Oops.


Top shelf: My mom makes great lemon tarts.



My little cousin Lucy was the only child at the party because all of my other little cousins in Vancouver are boys and were therefore not welcome at the girly shower. She stayed busy decorating cupcakes for everyone.

We played a couple games but this was the cutest. My mom froze water and a pea in these little cups. When they melted it was supposed to represent my water breaking. The person whose pea floated (ice melted) first was the winner. My cousin Lyza won...but only because she licked her ice until she got the pea out! Cheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment