Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: The Mom Spa.

Hanging out waiting for our appointment.

Yesterday I was in South Surrey killing time before a doctor appointment and I found something wonderful!

It's no secret that I loooove going to the spa. Massages, pedicures, manicures, facials...I love it all. I have been a few times since Babe was born - three times to be exact. But each time I had to arrange for my parents to meet me at the spa to take care of Babe while I was getting a treatment. I've had to keep my cell on in case they called and I've had to be prepared to walk out halfway through my appointment in case she really needed to nurse.

But The Mom Spa is great. I was so intrigued by the name when I drove past it that I had to pull over and check it out. And once I checked it out I had to book a quickie pedicure to test it out.

It's beautifully decorated and perfectly peaceful inside. An oversized crystal chandelier greets you in the lobby and everything is pretty, fresh and calming. But there is something special about The Mom Spa that really does make it perfect for moms.

On site they have this amazing playroom for kids. There's a table and chairs, a TV and DVD player, lots of toys and books, foamy floor mats, a great big train table and more. The kids have their own bathroom with pint-sized fixtures and there is a special gated off area for little babies to nap in a playpen or sit in a baby swing. There is also a place to heat bottles and a comfy chair for nursing. And best of all, the playroom comes equipped with free child minders!

This was only the second time I have ever left Babe with someone other than my parents and probably the only time I would entrust her to a stranger. But the kids there seemed so happy and the child-minder so nice that it was easy to leave Babe for a half hour foot pampering.

In truth I was so excited about the concept of free childcare while at the spa that I realized halfway through my appointment I had never bothered to ask about her qualifications. I just left Babe there and headed off to the elegant nail lounge. F.Y.I. if anyone wants to kidnap my child they need only distract me with a spa treatment.

I did talk to the babysitter afterwards but more importantly when I went to retrieve my daughter she was happily curled up in the woman's lap. And before I left her I was assured that if she got too upset they would bring her to me while I had my pedicure.

Not only is the playroom great but they have a children's hair salon on site as well. Complete with the cute little car and airplane seats. And the spa swag in the lobby includes adorable baby items.

If you're in the mood for some pampering but unable to arrange chid care, or you just want to stop in for a little upkeep while running errands and have the kids with you this is the perfect place. Or if you want to get a bunch of your mommy friends together for a private party they do that too. They take kids and babies of all ages and the spa prices are comparable to other places in Vancouver.



I love my sparkly toes!

Because it's a spa I didn't take many pics but you can check out the website here. Or: 

The Mom Spa on Facebook.
The kid's hair salon. Whimsicuts.



2 comments:

  1. BEST IDEA EVER! If I still lived there, I would go all the time.

    ReplyDelete