Monday, July 23, 2012

The Trip To D.C.

So you might remember that back in June Babe and I went to go visit my friends in Washington D.C. I never got around to posting the photos from the trip so I'm just going to do that now. And next I'll post some pics from this week's trip to Alberta.

Babe got to see lots of cool things while we were in D.C. We were lucky that my friends were such willing tour guides. They were really good sports because of course they'd seen it all before.


Babe and I at the White House. Definitely one of the highlights of the trip. I so wanted to pick a clover  off the lawn for Babe's photo album but I too scared.

Who says a Canadian baby can't be president.

Babe in the Oval Office. The fake Oval Office.

We visited the Arlington National Cemetery and some beautiful memorials.

At the cemetery.


JFK Memorial.



World War Two Memorial.


At the Capitol Building. Babe got really fussy after this picture
was taken but a man played the trombone for her and she liked that.

At the Washington Memorial.



Babe and I with Albert Einstein.

The Lincoln Memorial.





Because I'm a newly graduated j-student I was really excited to go to the Newseum. My friend K's husband watched the babies while K and I went so that we could actually pay attention.

It's an amazing museum with exhibits of historic events from America and around the world. There is also a lot of informative exhibits about what it means to be a journalist, how important a free press is and how the industry has changed and influenced society over the years. I could've spent all day there.






An exhibit memorializing fallen journalists.


The girls fast asleep in the car.

Babe learned how to ride in the shopping cart while we were in D.C.

A squirrel. Not the highlight of the trip but his balance was pretty good.

Babe being American. All the Americans are wearing these.

WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU HONEY!


The girls at National Harbor. I guess I have to spell harbour with no u eh?

It was a great trip. I already wish I could go back.

Stay tuned: I'm going to be reviewing a stroller I bought on the trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment