Friday, July 4, 2014

Babe's First Pet.



Sorry.

I have no excuse except that we moved to a new town far away and I started a new job.

I'll try harder to keep this more up to date.

So this is almost the first post since we moved and started a new life in Northern B.C.

Babe is 2.5 now. She's practically all grown up and I wanted her to have a little creature to play with and love.

I had two lovely cats for a looong time. After Babe was born I found that as much as I loved them, I didn't have the time for them like I had before and they woke me up a lot which I had no patience for considering how little I got to sleep with Babe around.

Eventually one got too old and too sick and we had to put her down...I think I blogged about that sad day here. Then after we moved we decided that it would be better for my other long-time cat to have a new home with a single woman who had more time for her rather than being cooped up in a small apartment while Babe went to preschool and I went to work all day.

So we have been pet-less since we moved to Smithers back in August. It's been relaxing but a strange experience for me because I have always had animals around.

I wanted a pet and I wanted Babe to have one but I still wasn't ready to commit to the responsibility of a cat or dog.

Then I got sucked in to a baby bunny.

At first I just took him home for a few hours, then a weekend and eventually I couldn't fight the urge anymore and I just kept him.

I had bunnies when I was a kid but always just sorta regarded them as a boring pet that didn't do much.


But so far it has been great having a bunny. He is really calm, obviously very quiet, sheds way less than a cat or dog and is actually quite fun and.  He even comes when she is called.

"Puff" is a great first pet for Babe; cuddly and cute but calm and low maintenance. We love him.






1 comment: