Tuesday, July 29, 2014

House of Straw.



These.

These are the last photos I took before our lives changed.

The one above is specifically significant because it later became woven into this fall.

Don't worry. Babe is fine. On paper so I am. I still have my job. Physically I'm healthy.

In the end, when the end came, I had no one to blame but myself.

I've picked up and started over so many times before. I guess I took pride in that. Felt I had paid my dues and learned my lessons. Thought I was strong, independent - that I knew what I was doing.

To get here I picked up and moved again - shortly before this blog stalled, as I threw myself into creating a fresh life and got whisked away with work and parenting - and ultimately love.

I jumped, risked everything, struck out on my own again, this time with my daughter in tow. I wasn't hiding, wasn't staying where I was safe. I left the security blankets behind and carved out something new. I was a strong mother and took control of our future.

I worked hard, I raised my daughter, I built a garden and loved a man.

Looking back here now, the post I wrote after we arrived is such a stark contrast to the most recent domestic one that I lost my breath.

I didn't want to believe that - sometimes - love doesn't conquer all.

Like a true journalist, I didn't have all the answers but I thought I could find them. I thought the answers would come if I sought experts, guidance and was patient. I thought a clear mind, true heart and good intentions would prevail.

I was wrong. Or maybe I was right but I couldn't do it alone.

I was so damn sure.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I built a house of straw...but the winds have come.



2 comments:

  1. I hope whatever door is closing, there is an even better window awaiting you. You've done so awesome the last year, I've loved all your pictures of you and your daughter enjoying nature and gardening and just enjoying life. You have def worked hard to make a great life for you and babe, I've seen it. Hang tight, you can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can only get better from here.

    ReplyDelete