Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Roses.




With my nanny contract on hiatus until the end of August I have been working at a floating home marina helping with the landscaping to fill in the gap.

I had the job of pruning a quarter mile worth of rose bushes. I thought the job would be fine since I love gardening and it isn't overly strenuous. But I had no idea how hard it would be to constantly bend at my big belly/no waist. The job took me a lot longer than I thought it would and I had to implement many different pruning positions to keep from the pain at bay.

I could only work for about three hours before moving onto a different job. And while I was pruning I would rotate 15 minutes bending over the roses followed by 15 minutes of sitting on the ground and trimming.

Before

You don't realize how even a mundane task can become a real challenge with no stomach muscles and a beach ball in your shirt. And the hot summer sun didn't help matters.

After

But I will say, no matter how long I stared at those roses they never lost their appeal.

Chillin' after a long day of pruning.

No comments:

Post a Comment