Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hearing The Party.


Last week I went to one of the Celebration of Light fireworks displays and the Vancouver Pride Parade with Baby in tow.

According to the baby books she can hear noises outside the womb (J and I talking, car horns, dog barks, the TV). It is rare that I feel her actually react to a specific sound so I was interested to find out if she would respond to the loud bangs of the fireworks.

Sure enough. For every bang I got a kick. Her response time was faster than the echoes off the downtown buildings. After a while I started to get a little paranoid that it was too much for her and so I spent the second half of the show holding patio cushions around my front to help absorb the sound. This was really amusing to everyone else.


The next day was Vancouver's Pride Parade and I took in the show with my aunt and my little cousin. It was great, lots of fun, but again with the kicking. I never thought about how loud a parade is. With the music pumping out of the floats, the cars honking and the crowd cheering Baby could definitely hear the parade even if she couldn't see it.



After all those funny sounds I wonder what she thinks of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment