Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just Sharing: health warning.


I'm just sharing a new warning that Health Canada put out recently about Domperidone - a medication that increases lactation.

I'm currently on Domperidone because I'm trying to increase the milk supply in one of my boobies (yup, just the one). But now I'm thinking I'll stop taking the meds. I'm surprised that this information is just out since Domperidone has been used for years.

The warning includes patients taking over 30 mg per day. My perscription is for 60 mg per day and that isn't as much as most nursing moms are told to take!

3 comments:

  1. I think I read 'Patients over 60 or have a previous heart condition', not that I endorse the use of any medication, especially those with serious side affects like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it also says or those who are taking higher doses, which is most lactating moms. You're right, it's probably fine but my baby needs me to not have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%. I work in the industry but am ironically against alot of the practices. Pharma isn't always looking out for the long term benefits of the patient as much as pushing out the next best thing and profits.

    ReplyDelete