Thursday, January 19, 2012

In The News.



photo: shutterstock

I hate to admit that these last two months I haven't picked up the newspaper (or magazines, or books) all that much. Babe won't let me put her down long enough to read anything that requires more time then what I spend on the toilet (sorry).

But a friend of mine has sent me some links to some interesting articles and I've managed to come across a couple on my iPhone during late night feeding sessions so I thought I would share the links here. Enjoy.

An interesting article on our expectations of ourselves and our new babies:
http://www.conscienceparenting.com/2011/12/29/the-inconvenience-of-having-children/

A recent news story out of Vancouver:

I either read this somewhere else or saw the author interviewed somewhere. Wherever I first heard about this it was probably at three in the morning when I was half asleep. A real eye-opener for me. I'll admit I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to instinctively complimenting little girls on their cute appearance.

Just kinda cool:

For the Dads out there:

During my years as a nanny I learned from my own mistakes with other people's kids (sorry). How you speak really does rub off on your children. It wasn't until I heard one of my little charges saying "um" all the time that I realized she was learning it from me.

It's not just our language either, it's our body language as well. Another charge was only two when I noticed he was covering his hand with his sleeve before he touched door knobs just like I did. I didn't even know he was paying attention.

Hope you find these articles as interesting as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment